Overlooking the Great Lake on Observation Hill in Antarctica, where Edward Wilson, Captain Robert Scott and the rest of the exploration party died, is a cross inscribed with the final verse of Tennyson’s poem, Ulysses:
“Strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yield“
We aim to inspire, challenge and motivate our pupils, as well as our entire school community, with the motto: ‘To seek, to find and not to yield’, where the highest aspirations and expectations are held by all associated with Edward Wilson Primary School.
OUR SCHOOL VALUES:
Our curriculum is comprehensive and both broad and balanced. Teachers take a creative approach when planning lessons and pupils are given opportunities to experiment, investigate, develop opinions in a safe environment, be challenged and taught to make informed choices. In partnership with parents and the community, we seek to ensure all pupils:
- are aspirational and ambitious for themselves;
- are enabled to learn and reach limitless expectations;
- receive an excellent and rich education, achieving to the best of their ability;
- are happy, healthy, confident, independent and motivated learners;
- have a strong foundation of values, based on a local and national heritage, that enable them to make informed choices in a local and global community.
Our pupils are happy and look forward to school. If you are a current parent at Edward Wilson Primary School, I encourage you to join our growing Parent and Teacher Association (PTA). Or, if you are a prospective parent, then I look forward to welcoming you to our school.